The Freelance Programmer/Editor will assist in creating video, editorial and interactive content on MSG Networks web site, MSGNetworks.com. Their role is to support on-air programming with insightful, compelling, creative and on-brand initiatives that will incite the user to consume more digital content, share socially, and tune-in to related programming.
The Freelance Programmer/Editor will have a strong instinct for what is compelling content, will support daily production tasks, and find innovative ways to distribute content and drive tune-in to MSG Networks telecasts. The candidate will have strong organizational, written and video editing skills, with a background in digital content creation.
We seek a superb communicator who is well-organized, dynamic and ambitious.
- Develop and program daily promotion of on-air programming with video, creative, editorial content
- Research & produce compelling original video content to distribute to various social platforms
- Identify, title and present copy on video and available podcasts
- Create video articles, editorial articles, and show pages to support Network and Marketing initiatives
- Provide captions to video content produced from on-air programming and Marketing initiatives
- Update site pages to support tune-in & promotional priorities (fundraisers, sweeps, sponsor obligations)
- Copyedit and monitor site performance to assure content is presented properly and functioning accurately
- Distribute team-related video content to partner sites (i.e. Rangers, Knicks, etc.)
- Distribute Networks-related content to internal departments and on-air talent for promotional support
- Program game-related and original video content on MSG Networks social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.)